- adj. 学究式的；装模作样的；象大学学监一样的
- 1.He is a devout Catholic with mild, donnish quirks. He writes haiku poems and reads Shakespeare for pleasure.
- 2.His donnish manner and shabby car mark him out from the slippery, bombastic figures who dominate Hungarian politics.
- 3.She knew he was being playful in his donnish way and she was surprised that he could take the whole affair so lightly.
- 1.marked by a narrow focus on or display of learning especially its trivial aspects
- 装模做样的; 象大学宿舍的学监一样的; 象大学宿舍的学监;
- bumbling campy mincing minikin chi-chi donnish la-di-da lardy-dardy