- vbl. 预言
- 1.This is nothing new. We have never been good at foretelling the future, but when the news is favorable, others forgive our lack of prescience.
- 2.The author of "Zuozhuan" is in a paradoxical state of mind in terms of his understanding of dreams. On the one hand, he believes that dreams have the function of foretelling the actuality.
- 3.(To Li Bai) Speaking highly of the tremendous artistic achievements of his poetry and foretelling the ever-lasting popularity of his poetry, Du Fu is really worthy of being his boon companion.
- 1.a statement made about the future
- 2.the art or gift of prophecy (or the pretense of prophecy) by supernatural means