- n. 光彩；注释；假象
- 1.The table was glossed to give it an expensive look.
- 2.To downplay or gloss over (differences, for example), especially in order to maintain a nominal, apparent, or temporary unity.
- 3.A human being is quite a frail creature, for the gloss of rationality that covers his or her fears and insecurity is thin and often easily breached.
- 1.an explanation or definition of an obscure word in a text
- 2.an alphabetical list of technical terms in some specialized field of knowledge; usually published as
- 3.the property of being smooth and shiny
- 4.an outward or token appearance or form that is deliberately misleading
- 1.give a shine or gloss to, usually by rubbing
- 2.provide interlinear explanations for words or phrases
- 3.provide an interlinear translation of a word or phrase
- 4.gloss or excuse
- 光泽; 使有光泽; 掩饰; 光泽度;
- gloss agent
- machine gloss
- gloss over
- 掩盖; 掩饰; 给以光滑的表面;
- satin gloss