- vt. 吟诵；吟咏
- 1.His words were intoned with suspect.
- 2.Let them come quickly and intone a dirge for us, That our eyes may be wet with weeping, our cheeks run with tears.
- 3.Because of you they shave their heads and wear sackcloth. In the bitterness of their hearts they weep and intone a bitter lament for you.
- 1.utter monotonously and repetitively and rhythmically
- 2.recite with musical intonation; recite as a chant or a psalm
- 3.speak carefully, as with rising and falling pitch or in a particular tone
- 吟咏; 吟诵; 唱或吟咏;