- adj. 艰苦的，困难的；坚强的，不屈不挠的；坚韧的，牢固的；强壮的，结实的
- 1.This was a tough assignment for them.
- 2.It was a tough choice.
- 3.This is a tough task.
- 1.someone who learned to fight in the streets rather than being formally trained in the sport of boxin
- 2.an aggressive and violent young criminal
- 3.a cruel and brutal fellow
- 1.not given to gentleness or sentimentality
- 2.very difficult; severely testing stamina or resolution
- 3.physically toughened
- 4.substantially made or constructed
- 5.violent and lawless
- 6.feeling physical discomfort or pain (`tough' is occasionally used colloquially for `bad')
- 7.resistant to cutting or chewing
- 8.unfortunate or hard to bear
- 9.making great mental demands; hard to comprehend or solve or believe
- 吃苦耐劳; 切换难度; 强硬的; 坚韧的;
- tough customer
- Tough pear
- tough aggregate
- 硬骨料; 韧性集料;
- tough rock