- n. 讽刺；反语；具有讽刺意味的事
- 1.Suddenly see the irony of fate brings.
- 2.His speech of defence was more like an irony or even an insult to China.
- 3.The development of modern linguistics offers us new insights into the nature of irony.
- 1.witty language used to convey insults or scorn
- 2.incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs
- 3.a trope that involves incongruity between what is expected and what occurs
- 讽刺; 反讽; 反话、讽刺; 反语;
- Structural Irony
- philosophical irony
- 哲理反讽; 哲学反讽;
- objective irony
- T Irony