- adj. 使人目瞪口呆的；让人昏沉的
- 1.The extra steps we find ugly and stupefying, they do perfectly in tedious exactitude.
- 2.The great fresh open, after the stupefying warmth indoors, made them behave like wild things.
- 3.She saw the risk she was in from a ruffian, who not only was such by profession, but had that evening been stupefying , by means of strong liquors.
- 1.so surprisingly impressive as to stun or overwhelm
- 2.making physically stupid or dull or insensible
- 3.shocking with surprise and consternation