- vt. 嘲笑；愚弄
- 1.It's easy enough for you to gibe at them, but could you do any better?
- 2.It's unkind to gibe at a foreign student's English, even though it may sound amusing.
- 3.Please dont gibe me, Lydia said. I feel as repulsive and small as one of those deadly germs often portrayed in the horror movie genre.
- 1.an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect
- 2.be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
- 3.laugh at with contempt and derision
- 嘲笑; 嘲笑，奚落; 讥笑; 嘲笑 <单词词性>嘲笑;
- gibe a concert
- gibe short shrift to
- gibe the benefit of the doubt